Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In the Beginning

This is going to be my first post here on this blog. Let me explain a little bit about what this is going to be. I've had it on my heart recently to find an outlet to really share with anyone who is interested my love for Jesus.  I'm not a minister or pastor or a preacher of any kind.  I'm just a normal, everyday guy that has a passion for sharing what is on my heart and the promises of God that are taught about in the Holy Bible. 

So, I think what I want to do with this first blog is to share something that God shared with me today.  I was on my way to work listening to my Jesus Pandora station and a song I hadn't heard in quite a while popped on.  It was by Mercyme called Word of God Speak.  I don't know if you have heard it, but it's a great song. 

Anyway, It got me thinking... Word of God speak... You see, God really does speak to us. All of us.  It's not just something you hear about happening to someone else, or some random character from the bible that an angel appeared to with a message straight from the mouth of God Himself! It does, in fact, happen to all of us. Sometimes we just gotta stop and open our eyes to what he's trying to tell us.

So how? Right? That is the question. How in the world does God speak to me? Well, personally I think there are a lot of different ways that He might approach you.  One of them is through your dreams. Job 33:15-16 (NKJV) says that pretty clear:

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
When deep sleep falls upon men,
While slumbering on their beds,
16 Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instructions

Often, we just run into the problem of, "I never remember my dreams..." Now, you talk to my wife and she'll tell you I'm the most vivid dreamer she has ever met and that I could turn some of my dreams into best selling novels... but I don't know, maybe I'm just special that way!

But one of the other ways, and I feel the easiest and most common way to really HEAR God, is by reading His Word. You see,  For the word of God is living and powerful (Hebrews 4:12 NKJV) and 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Tim 3:16-17 NKJV).

SO, what does that even mean?  It means that God's Word is alive and is there for us to be equipped to accompish all things. It speaks to us.  Our instructions for all of life's events, challenges, high's and low's... God's Word is right there waiting for us, ready to instruct us, ready to point us along the path that He has laid before us, To prepare us for that path.

That's exciting! God wants us to succeed, right?  3 John 1:2 says " Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (KJV) He says above everything out there, He wants us to prosper.  What is prosperity?  It's success! So, if he wants us succeed and be prosperous and be in health, doesn't it make sense that He would leave a road map to follow?  That he would leave a way for us to communicate with Him, and recieve instruction from Him on what is the right decision and the right choice?  Of course!

And that is what I am saying.  God talks to us.  He speaks to us everyday when we are willing to listen.  All I'm asking is this: Are we really listening? 

2 comments:

  1. Preach Brotha! That's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really proud of you. I know you have been wanting to do this for awhile.

    ReplyDelete